Terms & Conditions
All prices are shown in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST. Malpara Florist delivers to all Townsville residential and business addresses, and throughout Australia. Should there be any delivery restrictions, additional charges may apply to your order depending on the distance from dispatch, our internet sales consultant will contact you by telephone and if unsuccessful then via email.
- Every product dispatched and delivered by Malpara Florist is created by a professional florist and Malpara guarantees the quality and freshness of every order received.
- Every order received by Malpara Florist will be made on the date requested and every effort will be made to meet any requests in regard to preferred times of delivery. Only funeral flower deliveries can be time specific.
- Malpara Florist guarantees same day flower delivery for all flowers ordered to Townsville metropolitan areas placed by 1pm Monday to Friday and by 10am Saturday. Order received by these times are guaranteed to arrive by approximately 5pm to a business address and 7pm to a residential address. Orders received outside of these ‘cut-off’ times will be delivered the following business day.
- Malpara does NOT do deliveries on Sunday with the exception of Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. However, Malpara Hermit Park is open for business from 9-2pm and Malpara Willows is open from 10-4pm.
- Delivery fees are based on Townsville suburb postcodes.
- If your delivery is urgent please call Malpara Florist on (07) 4771 6767 for advice on delivery time frames.
In order to deliver your order on the delivery date that you have requested during the checkout process, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient’s address and phone number is correct and that there is someone at this address to receive the flowers or that it is safe to leave the flowers at this address if there is no one there to receive.
Please be sure to check the delivery address details thoroughly and provide any special delivery instructions before submitting your order. Malpara Florist is not responsible if an incorrect name, delivery address and/or phone number is supplied or if there is no one at the address to receive the flowers or if it is not safe to leave the flowers at the front door. If the order is un-deliverable and therefore returned to Malpara Florist, an additional re-delivery charge of the same value as the original delivery fee will apply.
We suggest that the best delivery address is a business address or somewhere where you know there will be someone to receive the delivery. It is not our policy to have the couriers leave arrangements at the doorstep unless it is at the customer's request and from this point forward do not assume any liability for orders which are instructed to be left and consequently damaged or stolen. If a concierge, security person or receptionist is obligated to receive the order on the recipient’s behalf, Malpara Florist does not accept responsibility from this point forward.
In the event where the couriers have attempted delivery at the given address and no one is there to receive it, a re-delivery fee will apply for the second and any other subsequent attempts at delivery. The re-delivery fee will be charged at the full amount as per the original delivery fee unless the order is re-directed to another address in which case the redelivery fee may vary depending on the suburb. We will notify the customer of any failed delivery attempts and the customer will also be advised of any additional charges that will be made to their credit card for re-delivery fees prior to the charges being debited. Alternatively, we also offer the customer the option to pick-up their flower order from our Hermit Park store.
International & Interstate Deliveries
We do offer flowers for delivery in and outside of Australia. If you wish to place an order of this nature, please call us on (07) 4771 6767 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our internet sales consultant will help you with your requirements.
Products with Alcohol
Alcohol delivery is subject to state liquor laws, you must be 18 years or older to order or receive alcoholic beverages.
PLEASE NOTE: all orders for liquor are facilitated and processed by Pantelmat Pty Ltd Trading as Malpara Florist ABN 82 055 647 571, Liquor license No: 4610 0890 (QLD) Malpara Florist promotes the responsible and legal consumption of Liquor. WARNING: Under the liquor Control Reform Act 1998 it is an offence:
To supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years (penalty exceeds $6000)
For a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (penalty exceeds $500)
Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day Deliveries
- All orders received for delivery to Townsville metropolitan business address are guaranteed to arrive by 5pm on Valentine’s or Mother’s Day.
- All orders received for delivery to Townsville metropolitan residential addresses are guaranteed to arrive by approximately 7pm on Valentine’s or Mother’s Day.
- Due to the high volume of orders placed for delivery during these busy periods we are unable to accommodate time specific deliveries or requests for preferred times.
- At the time of ordering it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient’s name, address, phone number and card message is complete and correct and that there is someone at this address to receive the flowers or that it is safe to leave the flowers at this address if there is no one there to receive them.
- If we receive an order that does not have a card message supplied, we will assume that the customer does not want a card message and therefore we will proceed to deliver the order without a message.
- Malpara Florist is unable to alter or change any orders placed for delivery on Valentine’s Day or Mother’s day after 12noon the day before these specific days.
Nothing makes you smile quite like fresh flowers. Flowers and plants are perishable products which are directly affected by the environment they are exposed to; therefore this will affect their longevity. Here are some tips from Townsville’s flower experts that will help you to keep your flowers fresh, lasting longer and looking their best.
Please note: A flower food sachet and flower care guide is delivered with every Malpara Florist flower order.
Caring for cut flowers
• Fill a clean vase with water and add the flower food sachet as per the instructions provided with your flowers.
• Cut approximately 2cm off all the stems (diagonally) with sharp scissors and remove any leaves that will fall below the waterline as they will create bacteria and spoil the water very quickly. Place flowers immediately into the prepared vase.
• Top up the water regularly and change it completely every 2 to 3 days. Trim 2cm off the stems, removing any spent blooms and foliage during this period.
• Place the vase in a cool, draft-free position, away from direct sunlight and fruit, avoiding extreme changes in temperature and do not place the vase on top of heat-generating appliances such as fridges and microwave ovens.
Caring for Arrangements
- Leave the flowers in the florist’s foam/container that they arrived in.
- Check the water level daily and top up with water mixed with the flower food sachet provided.
- Cut off any spent blooms and foliage to keep the arrangement looking fresh.
- Do not allow the florist foam dry out.
- Place the arrangement in a cool, draft-free position, away from direct sunlight and fruit, avoiding extreme changes in temperature and do not place on top of heat-generating appliances such as fridges and microwave ovens.
Credit card and personal information requested during purchases are encrypted during transmission to Malpara. This ordering system is protected by a shared SSL Certificate which ensures security between your computer and the order server.
When you order from Malpara Florist Online you will be asked for your credit card number and expiry date. You will also be asked for a three digit validation code. The validation code is a three-digit number on the back of the card. The code is a feature that provides merchants with an extra layer of verification, especially when using your card to make purchases on the internet, over the phone or by mail. You only need to provide the last three digits of the full number which can be found on the signature panel on the back of your credit card.
If you are still uncomfortable purchasing online at Malpara Florist Online you can call our great sales team between 8am and 6pm EST on (07) 4771 6767 to arrange delivery.